Join an innovative and dynamic team and help create tomorrow's innovative companies
For the organisation of the 15th edition of the Mind & Market Forum Louvain-La-Neuve as well as to offer second line support to the organisers of other local Forums in the Walloon region, Mind & Market is recruiting a project manager!
Mind and Market is the leading platform for innovative entrepreneurial projects in French-speaking Belgium and Luxembourg. It has been connecting innovation and the market since its creation in 2009, through the organisation of events and the development of a web platform.
A Mind & Market Forum is an event that offers a space for innovative project leaders to meet the players in their local entrepreneurial ecosystem, with the objectives of :
- Building the winning team around their innovative project;
- Confronting their innovation with the market;
- For entrepreneurs and visitors in search of innovation, to quickly monitor their markets;
- Sharing their experience and opening their address book to the nuggets of tomorrow;
- Integrating or investing in the team of a project that appeals to them and that needs skills and/or funds.
We pay particular attention to setting up a sustainable event planning.
The Mind & Market Forum Louvain-la-Neuve brings together 120 projects and 1200 participants. Forums are organised in Charleroi, Mons, Marche-en-Famenne, and Belval (GD of Luxembourg), with local operators. The platform has 450 active projects, over 6600 members and 250 partner organisations.
Mind & Market also supports the organisation of entrepreneurial events in the form of consulting services.
Description of the position
The project manager will :
In conjunction with the CEO, plan, coordinate and organise, with the support of the team, the implementation of the Mind & Market Forum of Louvain-la-Neuve and its various activities, the next edition being held on 25 April 2023;
Define and implement the communication and promotion actions for this Forum;
Provide 2nd line support to local partners for the organisation and promotion of the Forums in French speaking Belgium;
Assist the CEO in the commercial development of activities and services for third parties.
This position requires the ability to master the implementation of all positions in a professional event organisation and to have excellent and professional project management skills. For the Louvain-la-Neuve Forum, you will manage stakeholder relations, ensure the logistical aspects of the event, oversee the operational organisation of pitch sessions, collective intelligence workshops, speed-meetings and any new activities that are developed.
This role will involve day-to-day relations with companies, project leaders and entrepreneurship support operators.
Discover the aftermovie of the Mind & Market Forum Louvain-la-Neuve 2022.
- You are self-reliant, persevering, proactive and dynamic, and you like to take the initiative;
- Organised, you know how to manage a schedule and your priorities, as well as those of the team;
- You like to work in a team and know at least the basics of holacratic governance;
- You have very good communication and interpersonal skills, you express yourself clearly and precisely, both by phone, email and face to face, you know how to have good contacts with partners and clients;
- Attention to detail;
- Stakeholder needs orientation;
- Good stress management;
- Able to adapt to a variety of situations and audiences;
- An entrepreneurial and creative spirit is more than welcome.
Required and/or optional knowledge
- Fluency in French and English. A good command of Dutch is a plus;
- Proficiency in communication and project management tools (Slack, Notion, OneDrive, Miro, etc.);
- Good knowledge of the office suite (Word, Excel) required;
- Knowledge of Outlook or a CRM.
- Knowledge of graphic and/or video production tools (Photoshop, Canva, Premiere, Gimp, etc.) is an asset.
Field of study / Experience
You hold a bachelor’s/master’s degree in management sciences, management engineering, event management, business management, business logistics, project management, communication, or any other degree relevant to this function and can ideally justify a minimum of 5 years’ professional experience relevant to the function.
- A full-time permanent contract;
- For an start in as soon as possible in 2023;
- Working hours: 38 hours/week;
- A dynamic working environment with the possibility of teleworking;
- A focus on well-being and sustainability.
The advantages of Mind & Market and the CEI Louvain
- Immerse yourself in the heart of the most dynamic entrepreneurial ecosystem in Wallonia;
- Meet a wide range of start-ups, companies, bosses, public authorities, … the actors of the francophone ecosystem in Belgium and Luxembourg;
- Genuine responsibilities ;
- Participatory governance;
- An ambitious, innovative and agile organisation;
- A proactive and benevolent follow-up (learning, advice, framework for deployment);
- Participation in the organisation of a leading event in the Belgian startup scene;
- Sustainability of the event management.
- Please send your CV and cover letter to the following address before 23 December 2022: Mr Martin Nera. Email: [email protected]
- Motorization is not necessary. The services will be performed in Louvain-la-Neuve.
- Homeworking possible on a part-time basis.